LIST AIRCRAFT BY:

FORUMS:

ADVERTISING:

SERVICES:

AVIATION TOP 100 - www.avitop.com Avitop.com

Welcome to Aviation Forum Sign in | Join | Help
in Search  

Best F16

Last post 07-30-2003, 10:52 PM by Normsta3. 2 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  10-01-2001, 7:41 AM 1485

Best F16

*** Posted by SHONEY ***
    which country have the best opertional F16 today with all the advanced systems on him include A-A and A-G muntions?
  •  10-01-2001, 8:48 AM 1494 in reply to 1485

Re:Best F16

*** Posted by Justin Haley ***
    The USAF opperate the block50/52 wich is currently the best f-16 in active service. But many European nations that have older blocks have upgraded there viper with the MLU upgrade, this is actualy considered the same aircraft as a block50/52. The Israelies also have advanced f-16s that incorperate some of there own systems. But the ultimate f-16 is the block60. Currently the only country to obtain this aircraft will be the UAE. The block60 is basicaly the same airframe, but it has a uprated engine. Block60 custumers have the option of a engine that produces 32,000 POT (pounds of thrust) with growth capbility to 35,000 POT and another engine that gives 34,000 POT with growth to 36,000 POT. The block60's combat radius is greatly enhanced with the advent of CFTs. This is not a permenant thing tho, the CFTs can be removed if agility is a main factor for a mission like CAP But for Strike with the CFTs the block60 has the same range as the F-15E strike Eagle. Block60 also has a new radar in the form of an agile beam radar. This radar gives advantages over the current best f-16 radar all over the shop. It allows terrain mapping will searching for ground threats as well as air threats. This means it can defend itself on strike missions without the need of CAP aircraft. It has increased detection range, more modes and resalution is much better. Its passive sensos are much improves as well. The avionics and MFDs are completly different to the current latest block50/52. It has an internal FLIR and targeting systems so that bulky, dragy pods do not have to be carried under any stations reducing the aircrafts performance. Its has numerous avionic enhancments and ECM improvments. All in all its a vastly improves f-16 with its strike and air-to-air capabilities far surpassing that of current block50/52 and MLU vipers. All block60 customers have the option of 3D TVC on both engine options in the form of the AVEN nozzle, this increases its performance further more. Let us not be mistaken tho that those fancy Russian moves at airshows are life savers in air combat tho. They can indeed offer shoot solutions in certain conditions and obtian a kill, but over all leaves u and your aircraft low on energy and predictable. All of these enhancments will be more then a match for any current system on the market IE. Typhoon, Rafale, SuperHornet, Gripen, Su family and other aircraft in service.

[which country have the best opertional F16 today with all the advanced systems on him include A-A and A-G muntions?]
  •  07-30-2003, 10:52 PM 2310 in reply to 1485

Re: Best F16

Israel has, or at least will have the best. Block 60s are basically the best that operational F-16s can get, hands - down. With the Block 60s, finally the F-16 gets an avionics suite on par with the latest generation of fighters such as the F-15E, F/A-18E/F, F-22, etc., not to mention a much more powerful engine. Oh, and did I mention the conformal tanks and increased range. So technically, yes, Israel has or should soon have the best. Why we don't make such an F-16 ourselves is beyond me. I swear, sometimes it seems as if the Air Force is always trying to cut the F-16 short in terms of which planes get the greater amount of money / production numbers. I mean, both the F-16 AT (Falcon 21) and the F-16X were potential threats to the F-22 program, mainly because they both offered similar performance at a cheaper price. But as we all know, neither went into production. And then there's my favorite variant of the F-16, the F-16XL, which wasn't put into production not because the F-15E is was a better plane, but because the Air Force wanted McDonnell Douglas to continue production of the F-15. Oh, I will definitely never understand certain ideas in life, particularly the ideas centered around politics. Okay, but enough of my ranting, yes, nothing else in the F-16 family can touch the Block 60s. Block 50/52 F-16s are indeed good, but not that good. End of story.
View as RSS news feed in XML
Aircraft Wanted Engines and parts Avionics Employment Partnerships

Advanced Search
New Listings
Forums
Login
Services
Contact
Home

©Copyright 2004 Aircraftbargains All Rights Reserved
For more information feel free to Contact Us